- About Us
- Student Life
Technology Program FAQs
The Catholic High School of Baltimore Technology Program
Technology Program Overview:
Through Catholic High’s Technology Program, each incoming freshman receives a school-issued Google Chromebook. This equips them with the technology they need any time, any place. Through this program, resources, e-books, email, note taking, and Internet access are in each young woman’s hands. Teachers use various applications, specifically Google for Education, and online resources daily to enhance the curriculum.
- Wireless Internet access
- Google for Education collaborative suite
- Cloud-based student email accounts and storage space
- Domain-based network account and file storage space
- Student Help Desk
- Multi-media Computer Lab/Distance Learning Lab
- Apple iMacs
New Parent Technology Information Meeting (AM and PM sessions will be available)
Incoming Student Technology Training, cyber safety training, and device distribution
**These events are required for new parents and students. They will take place in August 2018. Dates, times, and locations will be announced and communicated to you at a later date.
Technology Program FAQs:
When will my daughter receive her Chromebook?
- Your daughter will receive her Chromebook during Incoming Student Technology Training in August.
What type of school-issued device will my daughter receive? Will it come with a protective case?
- Your daughter will receive a Google Chromebook 16GB device with a protective hard shell case and sleeve, designed especially for schools.
Will my daughter learn how to use the Chromebook appropriately?
- Yes, your daughter will learn how to use her Chromebook for educational purposes during Freshmen Technology Training. During this interactive training session, she will learn important cyber safety guidelines (including a review of the school’s technology acceptable use policy), Google educational apps, and school email usage.
When will my daughter receive her school email account?
- Your daughter will receive instructions on how to access her Catholic High email account within the freshmen summer mailing. She will have access to her school email before school begins.
Will parents need to attend a technology information session?
- Yes, all new parents are required to attend one parent technology information session. The session usually lasts one hour. Times and locations will be included in the freshmen summer mailing. Attendance is required in order for your daughter to receive her device.
What happens when my daughter accidentally damages her Chromebook?
- If your daughter has accidental damage to her Chromebook, she will be responsible for the cost of repair/replacement.
What is included in the technology/activity fee?
- The technology/activity fee includes technology maintenance and software fees, instructional materials, distance learning, yearbook, liturgies, retreats, and the warranty and licensing fees associated with the Chromebook.
Are e-books available for any courses?
- Yes, e-books are available for certain courses. Some courses do not require either a textbook or e-book. Unfortunately, not every textbook publisher offers an e-book option at this time.
When will my daughter receive her technology agreement?
- Your daughter will receive her technology device agreement in the summer in a separate mailing. It must be signed and returned prior to the Incoming Student Technology Training in order for your daughter to receive her device.
Can my daughter take her Chromebook home? Can my daughter keep her Chromebook during the summer?
- Yes, your daughter may take home her Chromebook during the school year, but she must return her school-issued device at the end of the school year for summer maintenance and updates.
Mrs. Amanda Trapani ’00 Mr. Jack Steiner
Director of Technology Coordinator of Instructional Technology